"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Moose are free to roam......

They are all finished. It was quite a fun little project.


"Moose Loves Roses" by Jorid Linvik. I knit these in participation with the KAL group on Ravelry by the same designer's name. There is a link in my previous blog post.

They are not heavy mittens, being knit from Opal sock yarns, but they are stranded which drastically increases the warmth factor. If I were to knit them again, I would increase the length of the cuff area. Also, they have an afterthought thumb. I much prefer the fit of a gusset thumb opening. That would require a little bit more in the way of pattern alteration. The design is just so darn cute! I am glad that I knit them just the way they were intended!

I did make one change. They were supposed to have a hemmed bottom, but I made a mistake and knit only 7 rows of SS instead of 15 rows. So....I left mine to form a nice little rolled edge. I actually like it!

No comments: