"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Catchin up.....

This is the basic grey hat that my DH has been wearing pretty much nonstop since I knit the first one. He actually wanted another - one for home and one for work. (This is number two.) It's Brooklyn Tweed's Turn a Square pattern- without the striping.
Continuing on the mitten path.....This is the latest pair. They are knit in worsted weight, on size 6 DPNS. I can't decide which side I like better. The pattern is #15 from Charlene Schurch's "Mostly Mittens" book. I am so happy that I purchased this book when it was new (and inexpensive!). It really has some nice designs. This particular pattern was originally sized for a child, and knit in fingering weight yarn. These fit me perfectly - with a nice long cuff - just as I like them! And....I started this scarf this morning. It's the (Knit one from below) technique that is new - at least to me. The pattern is the Inside-Outside scarf pattern. The yarn has nice long color repeats, and the idea is that you knit from the outside of one ball, and the inside of the other ball. The colors blend into each other. The "knit below" technique makes vertical stripes instead of the usual horizontal. Sort of cool! I am using "Maxi Tosca" by Lang. It is a mixture of browns, rusts, - very nice colors - that I found at my LYS. It's a wool/acrylic blend that I am really not familiar with, but hopefully I will like. So far, it's lusciously soft and inviting. If I like the technique, I have a few skeins of Noro Silk Garden that might find themselves knit up in this technique also.

We finally got our tree this weekend. It was unseasonably warm on Saturday so Sofee got to go with us this year! Of course it took me forever to find the "perfect" tree. Now, my "perfect" is not what most people's "perfect" is. I need open spaces, and strong branches. I search for the "ungroomed" tree. It is the family joke that my Christmas trees are always so strange looking. This year is no different......but it meets our needs. We have quite a collection of ornaments, many of which are fairly heavy. There will be an additional 32 put on the tree when our son gets home. So.... while Shirley expressed the desire of a photo, I hesitantly share it with you all..... (Be kind now!) And please....no one need leave a "beautiful" comment. (Bless your little hearts!)

No comments: