"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Saturday, June 06, 2009

In the beginning.....

I can't get this spinning thing out of my head. So, thought I'd gve a go with a spindle and some wool roving that I have had stashed away for "someday". Of course, I didn't have much patience, as I didn't really know if I was doing it correctly. What would I get when I tried to ply this.... how do I even do that??
What I have is my very first handspun "skein" of yarn. It's 25 yards, approximately. It weighs 9 grams. I expected breakage of the singles during the plying process, but everything held together pretty well. I think it's beautiful! LOL... Only a total newbie spinner would probably understand my adoration. All the rest of you can smile, and wonder "why"?? And on the knitting front, I have called it quits after the 12th pair. I think CIC's goal was 150 pairs. Hope this helps. I still have a few more skeins of ww when the next challenge is announced, but I did manage to make a bit of a dent in the stash bin. That's a good thing.....

No comments: