"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Offerings....

This great idea was given to me by my daughter. As some of you know, my husband is a heart patient, so we watch our diet pretty closely. I am always looking for healthy recipes, having drastically changed the way I cook and bake. This is a quick modification to a boxed brownie mix. Instead of adding the oil and egg, you add a can of black beans (which have been pureed in the blender first). Just add the bean puree to the dry mix, and bake as directed. They come out tasty, moist, and much healthier for you. Yes....I know, my powdered peanut butter didn't impress you.....but these brownies are really good! REALLY!!! :)
BG is modeling a little hat that I just finished made for charity. It's too big for him, which pleases me, as I was hoping it would fit a 3-4 year old. I think it will. I am using double strands of sock yarn left overs. The pattern can be found on Ravelry. It's called "Knit Spiral Brim Hat Pattern" by Gail Bable. It has multiple sizes, and modifications for 3 different yarn weights. It's a nice one for charity projects.

And...I knit these adult sized mittens (my size!) from my first skein of wheel spun merino wool. Nice and soft. I can't bear to give them away.... I like them, all their lumps and bumps.
Funny, mismatched socks drive me nuts, but the same in mittens are not offensive to me at all. In fact, I think I prefer mismatched mittens.

As for spinning, I am working on singles from these two rovings:which when spun, I will combine with this single: making a 3-ply yarn. Hopefully, that's what I will do anyway. I am definetly in the trial and error stage of this learning process. I did just receive a beautiful new book though. "A Fine Fleece" by Lisa Lloyd. Very inspirational........

No comments: