"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Waves of Color

I am sure most folks don't get too excited about scarves, but I am really happy with this one. I wanted something that would show off the color changes of this handspun yarn, and also something that would not get heavy wear. The yarn is the skein that was loosely plied.....probably somewhat delicate. I think this scarf was just the answer! I really like the way the colors blend, one into the next. It's superwash merino, so very soft and squishy! And....I use scarves, and this one will be worn this winter....promise. The remaining skein (a little more sturdily plied) should be adequate yardage for either mittens or gloves.

I don't think I have ever knit anything with the feather and fan pattern before. I always thought of it as quite old-fashioned and frumpy. Hmmmm.... not sure what that means, and why I like it so much right now. It was a really entertaining project! Old??? Frumpy??? Sigh.......

I used a pattern that I found on Ravelry. It's called "Stripey Wavy Scarf" by Brenda Burrell. I used size 4mm needles. Finished scarf is 5.5 inches across and 65 inches long.

I think I am just having beginner's luck with this spinning process, but so far....so good!

No comments: