"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Nothing foolish about it!....

Well, if you ask BG, Grandma DOES look pretty foolish while wearing it....but then life is one big giggle when you're 14 months old!
This is the "My Foolish Woolish Hat", a Raverly link. It's designed to be knit out of left-over sock yarn. (While there, check out the designer's sock patterns. Very nice!)
I am very happy with how it turned out. It was originally meant to be a charity hat, and I suppose it will remain so, but it's going to be difficult for me to part with it. It fits perfectly! And me being the frugal person that I am, I like it even more knowing that it was made entirely from scrap yarn.
The pattern is rather uniquely written. vbg. English is obviously not the designer's first language. So....while I pretty much re-worked the chart using the photos in the pattern, the written instructions were used only as a vague guideline. It's pure luck that it fit me so well. (Obviously my head is bigger than the styrofoam model's )

I probably have enough yarn scraps for 100 Foolish Woolish hats, but not sure I can do that much repetition. But, perhaps just one more......

No comments: