"Nuttin but knittin" - that says it all, with an occasional deviation into the real world.

Thursday, September 03, 2009

The plan

is to use these natural wools to make a pair of my original glittens. (The pattern is on my sidebar if anyone is interested. Also available on Raverly - free of course). I plan on knitting a gauntlet, and modifying the colorwork pattern significantly to best use the various colors, but the basic pattern will be my glittens. I have not knit a pair for several years, so should be fun!

I love natural colored wools - and I totally enjoyed spinning these yarns. The two in the middle are both BFL, purchases from Paradise FIbers - "dark" and "oatmeal". The two outside skeins are dark and light Corriedale. These are from rovings that I purchased from DiAnne, my spinning instructor at our local Sheep and Fiber festival back in June. I had no idea that I would like the Corriedale so well, and now wish I had a greater supply.

So...I'll be back with progress on this project later. I currently am working on charity hats and mittens. I worthy effort, if not the most exciting one out there.

We are having lovely weather right now. Cool nights, and warm (not hot) days. Moving into fall is always enjoyable. Only downside right now is that Sofee is miserable with her allergies. But I am trying to "take the edge off" with medications. I'm not sure she would agree that I am managing that, but doing the best that I can.

Hope everyone is enjoying - whatever your days hold for you.

No comments: